Generators can be used in the park, however there are very limited facilities so you do need to be self sufficient. The wind can be quite strong at Ned’s Campground. A number of camp sites are nestled between the dunes immediately behind beach, some with shade from large pine trees which give some relief from the wind.
Ned’s Campground is in an excellent location for exploring the stunning beaches and coral reef of Ningaloo Marine Park. The sites offer easy access to the coast for swimming, snorkelling, fishing and other activities.Ned’s Campground is approximately 10 km S of the ranger station at the entrance to the NP and the first of 8 campgrounds along the coast, each with a very limited number of sites. Park entry fee applies.
Further information on Ned’s Campground:
- Sites are allocated on arrival and depend on availability.
- There are 15 camp sites located at Neds.
- Small boats can be launched from the beach over soft sand.
- The beach is long, narrow and sandy with a moderate slope to the water.
- There are 3 uni-sex pit toilets.
- Dumping of septic waste is not permitted. Septic waste can be disposed of in Exmouth.
- Serviced rubbish bins.
- Campground hosts stay in the park from April to the end of November.
- Best time to visit is April to September.
- Access is not suitable for motor homes with trailers or 5th-wheeler-campers
- Neds is located adjacent to a Recreational Zone of the Ningaloo Marine Park.
Note: No wood fires or pets are permitted in the National Park.
Ned’s Campground Details
|Cost: $11 NP entrance, $7 per adult/night|
|Address: Cape Range National Park, WA 6707||GPS: -21.9930, 113.9351|
|Toilets: M/F composting||Showers: No|
|Camp Fires: Not allowed||Max Stay: ?|
|Road Access: Good||Water Available: Yes, (bore water nearby)|
|Number of Sites: 15||Power Available: No|
|Dog Friendly: No||Suitable for Big Rigs : Yes|
|Website/Info: Exmouth District Office (08) 9947 8000 or Milyering Visitor Centre (08) 9949 2808|
Ned’s Campground Camping Area
– Adjust slider to zoom in/out on location.